Contributory Parent Visa
Subclass 143 visa allows Australian citizens, permanent residents and eligible New Zealand citizens to sponsor their parents for permanent residency. As the contributory category of parent visas are not subject to queuing arrangements, the applicants enjoy much faster processing time when compared to other non-contributory equivalent parent visas, namely Subclass 103, but at a significantly higher cost.
Criteria for grant
- The applicants must be sponsored by a child who is a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen; and
- They must satisfy the “Balance of Family” test; and
- They must not have any other pending parent visa application.
Balance of Family Test
Are there more eligible children living in Australia than in any other single country?
Relevant Public Interest Criteria:
Relevant Special Return Criteria:
8502: The holder of the visa must not enter Australia before the entry to Australia of a person specified in the visa.
8515: The holder of the visa must not marry or enter into a de facto relationship before entering Australia.
- Base application charge: $4,155
- Additional applicant charge for an applicant who is at least 18: $1,400
- Additional applicant charge for an applicant who is less than 18: $705
- Second instalment: $43,600
- Base application charge: $365
- Additional applicant charge for an applicant who is at least 18: $185
- Additional applicant charge for an applicant who is less than 18: $90
- Second instalment: $19,420
Prior to the visa(s) being granted, sponsors must provide a bond to be held for 10 years:
- Sponsorship of single parent: $10,000
- Sponsorship of two parents: $14,000