Subclass 191 / 887: Skilled Regional Visa
Subclass 191 is a permanent visa which is available to holders of the Subclass 491 and 494 visas. It is scheduled to be in effect as of 16 November 2022 when the first cohort of the holders of the provisional subclasses become eligible.
All information below is based on current indications on the operation of the Subclass 191 program. Whilst legislation relating to this visa have been introduced, it is possible for amendments to occur prior to when said provisions become operative.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- Have held a Subclass 491 or 494 visa for at least 3 years;
- Have complied with the visa conditions, which is also applicable to the secondary applicants; and
- Meet a minimum income threshold for the last 3 years whilst on a Subclass 491 or 494 visa
- Base application charge: $385
- Additional applicant charge for an applicant who is at least 18: $195
- Additional applicant charge for an applicant who is less than 18: $100
Predecessor to Subclass 191: Subclass 887
Subclass 887 visa is also a type of permanent residency for which current Subclass 489 visa holders may only apply. As subclass 489 visas are no longer issued, Subclass 887 visas are merely in a transitory phase and superseded by Subclass 191 visas.
To qualify for this visa, the applicant must have:
- Lived in a regional area for at least 2 years on a Subclass 489 visa;
- Worked full time in a regional area for at least 1 year;
Complied with the conditions of your previous provisional regional visa.
Applicable Public Interest Criteria
4001, 4002, 4003, 4004, 4007, 4010, 4020, 4021 and 4019 (if applicable)
Applicable Special Return Criteria
5001, 5002 and 5010
There are no conditions associated with this Subclass.
First instalment payable at the time of application:
- Base application charge: $3,955
- Additional applicant charge for an applicant who is at least 18: $1,980
- Additional applicant charge for an applicant who is less than 18: $990
Second instalment payable prior to visa grant:Applicants aged 18 and over who do not demonstrate functional English: $4,890